Wednesday, April 27, 2011

Lifetime Update




So, what happened? Life, in no particular order. I remain busy at my day job. The county and state budget news depresses me and everyone else. I have been teaching my composition class at Hope--in fact the last class-day of the spring semester is today. Next fall I will be teaching a poetry class. Yes!

Life in general was--and remains--complicated by the affairs of multiple deaths-in-the-family. Add to the list Marcia's father, Hugh Kennedy, who died last month.

More on this later.

In December. we went to New York for Hannah's graduation. She is currently living in Brooklyn, writing for the New York Post, and working on an interesting novel. Yes, I was disappointed not to go to the AWP Conference. I will definitely be in Chicago, which is only a short train-ride away.

I have re-revised my hummingbird manuscript--in fact, most of my free time has been devoted to my manuscript, and I think it is a strong piece of work. If you are a publisher and want to see my wonderful, interesting ms., let me know. I also have a bunch of poems circulating among the journals.

The kids are happy and doing well in their new school--West Michigan Academy of Arts & Academics. Oh, and we have a new dog--Zoey--a most interesting rescue-dog case, who has worked her way into the family. I will post a photo of her.

It was a long winter and spring has been cold, wet and miserable. Here's to a warm and sunny summer.

I have read my way through War & Peace, in twenty minute-to-an-hour increments. I have some empathy for "Napoleon in rags / and the language that he used."

Onward.

__________________________

Napoleon Crossing the Alps (1850)
by Paul Delaroche

6 Comments:

Blogger Macy Swain said...

So glad to see you re-emerge. Thank you, and welcome back. I've missed your literate posts.

5:57 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

Missed you in the blogosphere. Welcome back.

7:29 PM  
Blogger steve said...

War & Peace. Loved reading that during a January college course, many years ago.

11:57 AM  
Blogger Diane K. Martin said...

Glad to have you back, Greg!

1:15 AM  
Blogger Hannah said...

Finally. And by interesting, you mean "groundbreaking," right?

3:41 PM  
Blogger JforJames said...

I've been checking in and wondering what happened...so I'm glad to see you back at it.

5:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home