Wednesday, August 12, 2009

What I am Reading



I began reading Tim Gautreaux's The Missing (Knopf, 2009) largely for the purpose of picking up some style points for my own novel. I find that I am absoluley engrossed in the story of Sam Simoneaux, a World War I veteran tracking a missing child while working on a riverboat along the Mississippi.

This is a very good book.

In other news, I tangled the lawn tractor in a dog chain last night and haven't quite figured out how to untangle it yet without taking off the blade.

That was contra-indicated.

2 Comments:

Blogger Collin Kelley said...

I'll have to pick this one up. Sounds good.

3:00 PM  
Blogger Cindy Hunter Morgan said...

I read The Clearing several years ago....it was powerful. Violent and sad, but wonderful. Set in Louisiana in a cypress swamp/lumbermill. Should I try this one too?

10:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home