Thursday, August 13, 2009

Good Luck, Bad Luck

I had a bit of good luck yesterday. I got 4 numbers right on the Mega Millions drawing and won $150.

I had a bit of bad luck today.

!. A flat tire, no jack. $55 for road service to fix it.

2. Tangled the lawn tractor's mower blade up in a dog chain––$30 to fix it.

3. Cut my head open on a tree branch while finishing the lawn. A little blood; no $ to fix me, but--owie!--it hurts.

Add in food, 2 cups of coffee, etc.

I have $10 left.

Just enough to buy gas to go to and from work tomorrow.

This has been a very bad week at S@4A.M.

The good news--which is itself, a matter of good luck in this economy––I have a job and tomorrow is pay day.

8 Comments:

Blogger Keith Wilson said...

You're trapped in some kind of karma ping pong match!

10:16 PM  
Blogger Talia said...

You're looking at it all wrong; somehow you were provided for. It's still a blessing.

8:17 AM  
Blogger Margaret said...

At least it was only the leash that got caught in the lawnmower and not, say, the dog.

12:17 PM  
Blogger Margaret said...

Not to minimize your suffering or anything. I'm just saying. :)

12:19 PM  
Blogger lynn said...

Easy come---not so easy go.

4:10 PM  
Blogger Collin Kelley said...

I got the Mega Ball right -- $2. I just bought two more tickets.

7:40 PM  
Blogger Hannah said...

You lucky, down on your luck bastard.

10:51 PM  
Blogger Diane K. Martin said...

Well, I found $21 while walking the dog. On the other hand, we are facing major plumbing work due to a water leak between the house and the city's main -- so $3200.

Sometimes you eats the bear; sometimes the bear eats you.

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home