Sunday, June 14, 2009

Sunday Afternoon


We have a beautiful patch of phlox that blooms in the wood lot this time of year. As I finished taking these photos, I heard a scrambling sound just behind me, and turned to see a small fawn––not much larger than our smallest dog––rise and run off into the trees. The mother must have been just out of sight somewhere.



No, I did not get a photo of the fawn. It all happened too quickly.

I sent a couple of poetry packets off Saturday, and hope to mail a couple more early this week. Yesterday, I did a telephone interview with a reporter for the Daily Iowan, who is writing a story about the upcoming reading at Prairie Lights Book in Iowa City. That was great fun and a real honor. The idea that a place exists where poets are treated as serious artists, worthy of a newpaper interview! My thanks to reporter Eric Andersen.

The boys are away today and I have been working on the novel.

Such slow progress.

3 Comments:

Blogger Eric said...

Thanks to you too Greg! I am actually working on the story right now.

I like interviewing writers coming to IC, because it gives me (mostly) good stuff to read.

6:28 PM  
Blogger Erin Rappleye said...

Hey hey hey Uncle Greg!

I hear you're going to be reading at Prairie Lights in Iowa City!
I go to school at the University of Iowa, and I must say that Prairie Lights is one of the coolest bookstores in town.
I took a creative writing workshop over the spring semester and I really enjoyed it. In fact, next semester I will be taking a creative writing class in Spanish and a poetry writing class. I'm pretty excited.

Have fun! Iowa is thee BEST!

P.S. If you're looking for a great a place to eat, try the Hamburg Inn #2 on Linn Street. It has some neat political history, and some pretty darn good food.

8:35 PM  
Blogger greg rappleye said...

Erin:

I didn't know that you go to Iowa!

Were Hawkeye fans here, too. At least, when they're not playing Michigan.

8:50 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home