Saturday, June 20, 2009

Postcards from Iowa City



The lovely Comfort Inn in Coralville, Iowa.



The doors of Prairie Lights Books, the best bookstore between New York City and Portland, Oregon.

If you are passing through, you must stop here. They have a great poetry selection.



The Java House in Iowa City, a great place for a cup of coffee--each cup is individually made.




Inside the Java House, getting ready for the reading.



A must stop for bagels on the way out of town.




Traveling provisions.



This is the storm that chased me across the Midwest on Friday. I managed to scoot below it coming across Chicago, but the rain caught up with me as I turned north into Michigan.



The "World's Largest Truck Stop" on I-80, east of Iowa City.

2 Comments:

Blogger Sara said...

I've been to that truck stop! Hours and hours of fun... or something.

11:21 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

And the reading? Went well? Details man.

2:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home