Thursday, June 18, 2009

Getting Ready for the Reading

I drove into town this morning, had a great cup of coffee and checked in with Jan Weissmiller at Prairie Lights Books. I am going to get some lunch and then make some final cuts, etc., for the reading tonight. For those of you who might be interested, I am told that the reading (audio) will be "live-streamed" on the web at this address:

http://writinguniversity.uiowa.edu/

That's at 8 p.m. Eastern, 7 p.m. Central (local) time.

You can also find this web address by putting "The Writing University" + "University of Iowa" in on Google.

At Prairie Lights, I picked up a copy of the correspondence of Robert Lowell and Elizabeth Bishop, and also a volume of Hikmet.

8 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

I'll be at that website at 5:00 my (Pacific) time. Break a leg!

1:02 PM  
Blogger greg rappleye said...

Thanks!

1:12 PM  
Blogger Leslie said...

Have a good reading!

I'm going to miss it (calling hours), but I'd rather be listening.

1:19 PM  
Blogger Anne said...

You're probably reading right at this very moment, but I'm working at the reference desk & can't listen in. Hope it is going/went well!

8:32 PM  
Blogger Sara said...

I hope your reading went fantastically! You were GREAT when I heard you in Kazoo a few years back (with Barbara Lau). I'm sure you slayed them.

11:27 PM  
Blogger Robert said...

Great reading! I listened to almost all of it on the webcast. It took me a few minutes to figure out I couldn't access it until I changed the http address to https, but after that it went smoothly. You picked a great group of poems to read and the hour really went quickly. I wouldn't have minded a couple encores!

12:29 AM  
Blogger greg rappleye said...

Thnak you, Robert.

I'll have more to say later.

I am trying to get on the road this morning out ahead of a storm.

8:19 AM  
Blogger Collin Kelley said...

And you made the Daily Iowan! Congrats!

3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home