Monday, May 18, 2009

Freak Accident in Providence



The phone rang at 1:47 this morning--never a good sign. It was Elliot, calling from the emergency room. He was riding his bicycle home from the restaurant last night and went to stop--by putting his right foot down. Bad move. Somehow, his ankle snapped, along with several tendons. He called again at 5:45 A.M., still at the hospital. It is probable that he will have surgery and a metal plate installed in his foot.

Elliot is a student in the culinary arts program at Johnson & Wales University in Providence. How can one take culinary arts classes and work in a restaurant with a broken ankle and torn up tendons?

I have no idea.

I did not get much sleep last night.

7 Comments:

Blogger Robert said...

Ouch! I hope he's doing all right. Now don't you do the same thing trying to stop that new mower of yours!

11:39 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

I am sending good thoughts his way!

12:43 PM  
Blogger The Weaver of Grass said...

I do hope things are not as bad as they sound. It is always the way isn't it - these accidents happen so easily. Just before our holiday the farmer stepped back from the garden path and tore his hamstring muscle. It is healing well - I hope the same is true for Eliot.

1:58 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Ow, ow, ow! Best wishes for his speedy recovery.

3:55 PM  
Blogger Collin Kelley said...

Ouch! I hope he recovers quickly.

7:19 PM  
Blogger Charmi said...

Best wishes, Greg. We have a similar story, although much less severe, at our house.

8:43 PM  
Blogger Susan Och said...

Oh good. When I see "bicycle" and "accident" in the same sentence I expect a closed head injury. The ankle is a much better option.

8:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home