Friday, May 22, 2009

Evaluation Day



Yesterday was only the run-up to this morning--I have my evaluation at my day job at 10 A.M.

I would not be concerned about this, but for the economic facts-of-life in Michigan. To be 56 and terminable-at-will in our local economy is to (truly) be a sinner in the hands of an angry God.

How fortunate that American Lit. I prepared me for the vicissitudes of late middle age.

_______________________

The painting is of our old pal Jonathan Edwards (1703-1758). He died when he was 54, so at least I've got him there.

5 Comments:

Blogger Leslie said...

Some economics guy was talking on NPR about the cities hit worst by the 'economic downturn' and he led of with, well, umm, Michigan.

He did acknowledge that it isn't a city, but he talked a lot about the whole state and its troubles.

So good luck today!

8:18 AM  
Blogger Cindy Hunter Morgan said...

Good luck!

9:18 AM  
Blogger greg rappleye said...

Whee!

That went REALLY well.

8:54 AM  
Blogger Cindy Hunter Morgan said...

Good!

5:45 PM  
Blogger Nin Andrews said...

glad that went well!

7:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home