Sunday, April 12, 2009

Frederick Seidel




Tone, but also subject, has been central to what perplexes some readers. A significant feature of Seidel’s work is how it has lengthened the list of topics worthy of serious poetic scrutiny.

Frederick Seidel, "an elegant man of 73 with an uncommonly courtly manner" is set to release a volume of collected poems. Read all about it in today's New York Times Magazine.*



_________________

I spent the greater part of the weekend accounting to the government, and now have papers to grade. Monday will be a very busy day at my day job. I do hope you are having a good Easter.


__________________

*"Laureate of the Louche," by Wyatt Mason, New York Times Magazine, April 12, 2009, p.24

1 Comments:

Blogger The Weaver of Grass said...

A Happy Easter to you too Greg. I shall keep me eyes open for the Seidel book.

12:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home