Monday, March 02, 2009

Progress Notes



Yesterday, I started Project X. I'll need a better name for it, but until I get a chapter or so finished, I hesitate to say "n-n-n-novel." I wrote for three hours, and spent the remainder of available time reading and taking notes. This will take a bit of historical research, but it is interesting work.

On Saturday, after everything went in the mail, we took the boys out for dinner to celebrate––it might be more accurate to call it a late lunch--and then on a mini-shopping spree ($20 each) at Target. We now have a light saber and a toy motorcycle that makes a tremendous amount of noise.

I'm looking forward to reading the Flannery O'Connor biography by Brad Gooch, which had the cover of yesterday's New York Times Book Review.* As timing would have it, I picked up a copy of the book on Saturday. Based on a flip-through evaluation, I think I am going to really like the book and may even adopt it as a text for my writing class.

Otherwise, I do have a busy week. This morning I must be in court––that's quite out of the ordinary––and then class late this afternoon.

It is 5 degrees (F) this morning.

It has been such a cold winter and the weekend was no exception. How odd that almost the nicest weather we've had in the Midwest was during the AWP Conference, when Chicago was actually quite lovely--as long as one kept moving.

I owe a number of things to people (you know who you are) and will get all of it in the mail this week.

Onward.

_________________________

*"Stranger Than Paradise," by Joy Williams, The New York Times Book Review, March 1, 2009.

2 Comments:

Blogger The Weaver of Grass said...

I like that word "onward" at the bottom of your post, Greg - it is so full of hope!

11:38 AM  
Blogger Collin Kelley said...

Yep, the Flannery bio is moving to the top of my list. It's required reading for us Georgians you know. lol

Good luck with the project. :)

1:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home