Saturday, March 21, 2009

Fire Above the Bookman




Last night there was a fire in the yoga studio above The Bookman, our local bookstore. I found out about it this morning when I went into town to check my mail. I stopped and spoke with John and Doug who were cleaning things up. The store was closed and they were still airing out smoke. There was some water leakage through the ceiling and some of the books were damaged. No one was hurt (the fire started after-hours) and the bookstore hopes to reopen as soon as possible.

I understand that the damage to the yoga studio was fairly extensive.

I hope the bookstore reopens soon. Without The Bookman, Grand Haven would...well...it would not be Grand Haven, would it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home