Saturday, February 21, 2009

Project X



I am working on one more poem, but have also begun gathering materials and reading for "Project X." Among the books I am reading, Mexico: A Study of Two Americas (1931) by Stuart Chase, with illustrations by Diego Rivera. I picked this up several years ago at Raven Books in Amherst, Massachusetts. Chase (1888-1985) was an economist, philosopher and advisor to President Franklin Delano Roosevelt. Chase is generally credited with coining the phrase "The New Deal."

If I said more, I would be way ahead of myself.

We are supposed to have a bit of a blizzard. A good day, in other words, to build a fire and read. Went to the doctor's yesterday to have the bolts on my psyche tightened a bit. Next week I have an appointment at the retinologist's.

Gaak.

1 Comments:

Blogger The Weaver of Grass said...

Bolts on your psyche?? Love it.
Yes Greg - there is something nice about a fire - bad weather outside and a comfy armchair and a good book. A pot of tea and a pile of buttered toast wouldn't come amiss either.

10:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home