Sunday, February 08, 2009
- Name: greg rappleye
- Location: Grand Haven, Michigan, United States
I am a writer who lives and works in West Michigan. I am a graduate of Albion College, the University of Michigan Law School, and the MFA Program for Writers at Warren Wilson College. I have published three full-length collections of poetry: Holding Down the Earth (Sky Books, 1995), A Path Between Houses (University of Wisconsin Press, 2000) which won the Brittingham Prize, and Figured Dark (University of Arkansas Press, 2007), which won the University of Arkansas Press Poetry Series. I have also published three chapbooks: Eros, Psyche and the Death of Narrative (Candle Creek Press, 2006), The Afterlight (WVU-Legal Studies Forum, 2006), and The Divisible Field ( WVU-Legal Studies Forum, 2008), and have completed a fourth manuscript, Tropical Landscape with Ten Hummingbirds. I am working on a novel. My work has received a Pushcart Prize, the Mississippi Review Prize, the Paumanok Poetry Prize, the Greensboro Review Literary Award in Poetry, and the Arts & Letters Prize. I was a Bread Loaf Fellow in 2002. When not writing, I work full-time as corporation counsel for a local government and also teach part-time in the English Department at Hope College in Holland, Michigan.
- Okay, Be that Way. I Do Have Other Projects to Wor...
- Hold Out Your Mittens...Demand Your Flippin' Pie
- You Are Not a Real Person...No Pie for You!
- Oh-Oh, Did Someone Take a Dive?
- ...And the Alliance for Arts Education
- Culturebot Speaks Up
- No Pie for You, Either! A Lack of Arts Funding: It...
- Last Word on the Subject
- Forget it Man, Granholm Dropped the Big One...
- Why Won't ArtServe of Michigan Stand Up for Michig...