Saturday, January 03, 2009

Progress Report



Over the past two days, I have written--and am close to "finishing"* ––another poem. I am sorry that my posts for the past several weeks have been so uncommunicative and without substance, but I have been on something of a roll, writing-wise, and have directed my energies toward the poems. I just can't let an opportunity like this go by. I know what it is like to go through a time when the poems do not come.

Onward, then, like a comet.





___________________

*"Finished," of course, is a term of art. It will be months before these poems are truly "finished."

Note: The images are of the poet Sappho and the Great Comet of 1811, which (who?) both figure in the poem I am working on.

2 Comments:

Blogger Bernadette Geyer said...

Congrats on the "roll"... I suppose we can forgive absence in the blog-world =)

10:46 PM  
Blogger Andrew Shields said...

Don't apologize for your posts; at least you have been posting, unlike yours truly! :-)

1:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home