Sunday, January 04, 2009

Progress Report III



Late this afternoon, I put three packets of poems together, wrote letters and addressed envelopes. No multiple submissions. Tomorrow, I am sending the poems to good places and keeping my fingers crossed.

I am, as the saying goes, "back in the mix."

I made pretty good use of my time as a writer over the Christmas holidays. I worry quite a bit about wasting time. I have so little time to write and, really don't know how much time I have left––in terms of my ability to see well enough to work, I mean.

Tomorrow it's back to my day job, and on Wednesday, back to teaching. Yes, I still have to do my syllabus.

I also have to register for the AWP Conference, get a hotel room, etc. I usually stay at a hotel away from the Conference. Because I don't drink, it takes away the annoying pressure to watch other people party, and gets me out for a walk at least twice a day.

Onward.

_____________________

NOTE: That's Mr. Zip, for those of you too young to remember.

4 Comments:

Blogger The Weaver of Grass said...

i know that feeling, Greg - so much to do, so many things you want to write, so little time left - so keep pressing on. Good luck with the poems.

1:56 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

Sounds like you and I are on a similar mission. I printed and stuffed envelopes today. Tomorrow I go to the post office. Mr. Zip? You've stumped me.

6:29 PM  
Blogger Collin Kelley said...

Sounds like you're making great progress. I've also gotten a number of things into the mail and working on more. There's something about the beginning of a new year that always sparks my need to submit.

7:38 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

All these years, I've thought his name was "Zippy."

I hope to finish my syllabus tomorrow. (starting on Tuesday).

8:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home