Thursday, January 22, 2009

Progress Notes



Finished. There are rough spots (four new poems in a week will cause those) but the Orpheus poems fit sweetly into the manuscript and I think I have it now, start to finish.

I will work this weekend to smooth out the rough spots, and will be submitting a few more poems to journals early next week. But yes, I have a finished poetry manuscript ready to roll out the door, and by March 1, I will be turning to a new, and novel, project.

Excuse me while I light a cigar.


___________________________

The painting is Tropical Landscape with Ten Hummingbirds (1870) by Martin Johnson Heade.

4 Comments:

Blogger The Weaver of Grass said...

Love the painting, Greg.
It's a good feeling when one has finished a project and tied up the loose ends. Those ends often take longer than the whole project I find, and often make for frustration. I do wonder whether with poetry one is ever "finished" - don't we look at the stuff after we have left it behind and wish we had used a different word?

4:48 AM  
Blogger greg rappleye said...

Oh, yes.

I will be revising these until (and well after) the book is –-one hopes--picked up by a press.

And I will go on revising them much longer than that.

6:26 AM  
Blogger Bernadette Geyer said...

Congrats on the manuscript! Sorry I'll miss you at AWP. Hope you have a great time.

11:38 AM  
Blogger Robert said...

Congratulations! That's a major accomplishment!

12:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home