Thursday, December 11, 2008

Morning Prayer


Dear God:

Please, no more dreams about being a lawyer. You know the one where I am late for the deposition in that case I know nothing about, and I can't get there anyway, because I can't get my shoes tied? Ix-nay on that one. Bad enough that I have to do that work during the day.

Some poetry dreams would be nice. Something about the National Book Award. Or that flying dream. The pine trees and blueberry fields look great from the air. Or the dream with Carole Lombard in it.

You could bring that one back.

That's a good one.

Your Old Friend,

Greg

3 Comments:

Blogger Nin Andrews said...

I love this post! My husband is a recovering lawyer as well. Big firm, big deals, bad dreams years later . . .

12:52 PM  
Blogger Collin Kelley said...

Carole was fantastic. I hope she visits you soon. :)

9:48 PM  
Blogger brian a j salchert said...

Most of my working years I was a
motel/hotel night auditor, and for
several years after I had dreams where the work situtations were
consistently frustrating and dangerous.

8:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home