Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Pre-Christmas Update

Elliot came it at about 10 p.m. Sunday night. I went (literally) breaking through the drifts to pick him up at the Muskegon airport--his was the only commercial flight to land there all day--every other flight was diverted to Grand Rapids. I didn't know that until I arrived in Muskegon, of course. Hannah flew into Grand Rapids Monday afternoon, but her mother had to pick her up. I had a couple of projects at work that absolutely had to be finished and out the door.

I did a week of work in two days.

Anyway, it is good to have the big kids home. The little ones (Carlos and Liam) are thrilled to have them here--they've done little but run through the house squealing since the older two arrived. Even the dogs are excited to to see Hannah and Elliot.

We have close to three feet of snow at this point. I should say, we had close to three feet. It began to rain this morning, which has tamped things down quite a bit.

Today, of course, will be a busy day. I want to set out early for the grocery store, etc.

In the odd moment over the next few days, I also hope to make a bit of progress on a new poem. For some reason, ideas are boiling in my head right now.

5 Comments:

Blogger Leslie said...

I'm glad they're both home safe. And very glad for boil and stir of ideas.

7:15 AM  
Blogger Talia said...

I'm jelous of ideas boiling in your head. My head's got the burner off.

So happy your house is full--fuller than usual. Have a wonderful Christmas.

9:15 AM  
Blogger The Weaver of Grass said...

Enjoy Christmas with all your family home, Greg - and a mnerry Christmas to you all.

10:38 AM  
Blogger Karen J. Weyant said...

I'm happy that everyone is home -- I've been watching weather forecasts and wishing those stuck in airports safe travels!

Have a wonderful holiday!

11:34 AM  
Blogger Collin Kelley said...

Have a great holiday with your family, Greg!

11:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home