Sunday, November 09, 2008

Martin Johnson Heade's Black-Breasted Plovercrest (1864-1865)



I am working on a villanelle about this painting; another poem in my Heade series. Yes, it actually does rhyme, something I rarely try.

I will probably post a draft of this one, as soon as I've done a bit of polishing.


_________________________________

In other news, the reported norovirus cases at Hope College are up over 400, and the college is going to stay closed at least until Wednesday morning.

2 Comments:

Blogger Talia said...

I'm reading a chapbook about birds: "How to Study Birds" by Sarah Gardener. I dig it. Perhaps you should check it out, with all the bird talk...

http://www.goodreads.com/book/show/5171594.How_to_Study_Birds

9:34 PM  
Blogger Andrew Shields said...

Thanks for posting that gorgeous picture!

5:47 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home