Monday, October 27, 2008

Alive!

Sorry to be so quiet lately. I was sick all weekend--my annual Fall cold. I made a huge pot of chicken noodle soup and slept. I have recovered enough (of course!) to return to work this morning and to class this afternoon, where we will be workshopping poems.

Last night a strange weather front blew in off the lake. There were two flashes of lightning--one of which fried our telephone and knocked my computer off-line. I managed to reconnect to the internet, but the month-old telephone appears to be finished.

It is supposed to snow.

In other news, I have new glasses and can, remarkably, see.

7 Comments:

Blogger Leslie said...

I had lightning knock a phone out while I was on it recently. I was just saying, "hey, we're having a bad storm so if I suddenly dis..."

It was worth the price of a new phone.

I'm sorry you were sick, glad you can see. And glad you are back here on the blog.

9:17 AM  
Blogger Andrew Shields said...

I thought you would mention Sylvia's birthday ... :-)

10:30 AM  
Blogger The Weaver of Grass said...

Sorry about your annual cold, Greg - it happens to us all and soup is as good a cure as any. New glasses make the world see much sharper too - at least for a little while.

11:54 AM  
Blogger Collin Kelley said...

Glad to see you're still at it, and sorry you've been sick and under threat of thundsnow.

Word verification: hazed

Very fitting.

1:26 PM  
Blogger Talia said...

Your insurance might cover that phone--their pretty fancy and expensive these days, so it might actually be more than your deductible. That happened to my mom earlier this year as well.

9:43 PM  
Blogger Susan Och said...

You remind me of the sging lady who said "My new glasses work so well that now I have to clean the house."

11:11 AM  
Blogger greg rappleye said...

Susan:

That is almost literally true!

8:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home