Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Senior Discount?

So last night I was at the grocery store buying the pitiful ingredients for tuna noodle casserole. As I was checking out, the clerk insisted on giving me the "Senior Citizen Discount" of 5%. Unable to persuade her that I was not, in fact, one of the elders, I took the discount.

Okay, maybe I am a gome. I mean, some hapless old guy shuffling up to the check-out, buying the ingredients for tuna noodle casserole and a $1 easy pick on the Lotto?

What else would she think?

The days are stacked against what we think we are.

_________________

NOTE: I actually LIKE tuna noodle casserole, which may be another sign.

6 Comments:

Blogger Talia said...

No, no. That's no sign. I like Tuna Noodle Casserole as long as my mother-in-law didn't make it. And some days I look to be about 12.

9:42 PM  
Blogger Tara said...

Checkout people just like to give discounts sometimes. They've got a boring job and it's one small thing they can do to win goodwill. She was probably feeling really good about being able to sneak in the discount even though you didn't qualify.

10:18 PM  
Blogger greg rappleye said...

T&T:

Thank you.

6:30 AM  
Blogger Tania Rochelle said...

I LOVE tuna noodle casserole. But I'm a terrible, lazy cook. We have Tuna Helper a lot.

7:41 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

Dude, always take the discount, no matter the reason behind it.

7:52 AM  
Blogger Happyflower said...

Wow, what grocery store was that, because I am dragging my husband with me next time? lol

I used to like tuna noodle casserole, probably still do, but my daughter thought I was trying to feed her cat food one day, actually had the gag relex going at 3yrs. old.
Her grandma feeds her cats canned cat food that smells and looks just like tuna, and since 2yrs. old, she couldn't ever eat it. But when she is off to college I will probably make it again, but by then I will be a senior too. lol

4:53 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home