Sunday, August 17, 2008

Progress Note: Home-Improvement Weekend



Our living room is painted and the grass is mowed. We should be able to finish the dining room today without too many problems.

I rode my bicycle into town this morning for coffee, the papers, and groceries. I have the bike rigged with two side baskets and a plastic milk crate. With a little planning--which I haven't mastered yet––I could go the entire weekend without driving the car. I can also use the exercise, and enjoy riding the bike.

Am I the only one who noticed that as soon as Barack Obama started talking about a windfall profits tax on the oil companies, $4.15 per gallon gas became $3.85 gas? Last week when he went on vacation, gasoline went back up to $3.95.

Why do I think we'll all save a lot of money once Barack gets back on the campaign trail?

In other news, the Bigfoot hoaxsters owe me two good nights of sleep. My six year-old is convinced that Bigfoot is going to come strolling out of the wood lot any minute now.

More (of a literary bent--I promise) later.

4 Comments:

Blogger Happyflower said...

You painted and you have the energy to ride your bike in the morning? All I can say is wow!

My son who is 12, loves to watch science, nature shows, and etc., well all was fine until they started to talk about aliens and the environment.
At first I was proud that my kids still love to learn but now
he thinks we are doomed to all die.

Maybe I should have allowed him to watch Power Rangers instead of Barney and the Wiggles when he was little so he would be a a little tougher?

11:36 AM  
Blogger Talia said...

I was thinking becoming Amish is what we all may have to do some day to beat the high cost of energy.

2:52 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

Gas here in Kentucky on 08/21 is a stunning $3.48 per gallon. That's 50 cents less than at mid summer's height. Maybe if Mr. Obama announces his VP candidate, it will drop to less than $3.30. (Wishful thinking).

6:18 PM  
Blogger greg rappleye said...

Pamela:

We can dream.

8:35 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home