Tuesday, August 05, 2008

POEM-After Frank O'Hara




Poem (Brett Favre Leaves Camp!)

Brett Favre Leaves Camp!
I was trotting along in Green Bay
and suddenly it started raining
and blowing and you said it was hailing
but hailing hits you on the head
hard so it was really raining and
blowing and I was in such a hurry
to meet you but the reporters
were acting exactly like the fans
and suddenly I heard ESPN Radio say
BRETT FAVRE LEAVES CAMP!
there is no snow in Miami
there is no rain in Phoenix
I have been to lots of Super Bowl parties
and acted perfectly disgraceful
but I never actually LEFT CAMP!
oh Brett Favre we don't love you
so much anymore. Go home.

_______________________

UPDATE: As of August 7, 2008, Brett Favre is a member of the New York Jets. Since "Broadway Joe" is already taken as a nickname, and since the Jets actually play their home games in East Rutherford, New Jersey, I suggest we call His Greatness, "Bayonne Brett."

5 Comments:

Blogger Collin said...

HA!

I love it.

7:11 PM  
Blogger Macy Swain said...

I think ol' Frank would have chuckled at this one.

7:26 PM  
Blogger sam of the ten thousand things said...

Good one, Greg. And I agree.

9:16 PM  
Blogger Justin Evans said...

You should throw this into the mix when you are submitting next time around! SERIOUSLY.

12:25 PM  
Blogger Pamela said...

I love this poem! And I agree.

10:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home