Wednesday, July 02, 2008

Paging Mr. Herman...



I spent most of last night putting together--or rather, trying to put together––my new bicycle. The final problem is the handlebars, which were bolted at an impossible-to-ride-angle by a worker in China who is certain to win a Gold Medal in the hammer toss at the Beijing games.

I haven't been able to loosen them.

We'll see what a good spraying with WD-40 might have accomplished overnight.

When I am finished, Peewee Herman will have nothing on me.

Take that, Big Oil.

4 Comments:

Blogger Nin Andrews said...

Hope you fix it up and it works for you! Am just back from rural El Salvador--watching old women hike up hills with water on their heads . . . Almost no one has cars, though there are a few who buy one when they can--and they will buy a car before they will pay for indoor plumbing . . .
Now, if only my insides will recover.
And yes, I agree with you about low res programs . . . I did not have an option at the time--with family obligations being what they were. I worked very hard too. And loved, loved, loved, loved it. But if I had been able to choose, I would have chosen to be a part of the local community, which is fabulous in this part of Ohio . . . And it seems you have a wonderful community there in Michigan (where I have been for Buddhist teachings). Given a choice, I would be an eternal MFA student.

7:59 AM  
Blogger Christina said...

Careful with the WD40. Too loose is a bad thing with bikes and, well, we'll leave it at that.

8:44 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

I hope you have better bike luck than I've had recently. WD40 let me down.

8:56 AM  
Blogger greg rappleye said...

It worked!

Leslie, had you not been talking about WD-40 on your blog recently, I never would have thought of it.

4:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home