Monday, July 07, 2008

The Not-Quite Lost Weekend

I had great plans for writing this past weekend, but ended up doing nothing but celebrating the Fourth of July. Which was great fun, of course. Here are some photos:




What better way to wake up on the Fourth of July than with turkeys (two hens, 12 chicks) right outside your bedroom window?




Marcia, Carlos, and Liam, bikes decorated, waiting for the parade to start.



Liam, before the parade, standing next to a 1936 Ford coupe.



Carlos at the town picnic.



Who needs ROTHBURY when you can have entertainment like this? The musical stylings of "Guys in the Neighborhood," playing at the town picnic.



Me, "resting" before the fireworks.

Yesterday I cut the lawn, which pretty much did me in for the rest of the day. I am taking a couple of days off and hope to make a bit of progress on the manuscript.

4 Comments:

Blogger Brian Campbell said...

Hi there, Greg. Awfully hard to work on the ms. sometimes when all of summer is beckoning.

By the way, I've got some news...big news.

Best,

Brian

3:45 PM  
Blogger Charmi said...

I'm so jealous of you having that turkey and her turklets!

7:42 AM  
Blogger Keith Woodruff said...

Christ, you have on a sweater? What planet are you from Brother? How is it even possible that you need a sweater in July? Tell me what gives. Scaring me here.

6:39 PM  
Blogger greg rappleye said...

Keith:

Hey, this is Michigan.

Granted, July is our one month of bad sledding, but it's still cold at night.

Greg R.

6:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home