Thursday, July 03, 2008

How We Roll at S@4A.M.



If Marcia thinks I am the only one taking those kids for bike rides, she has a surprise coming when she gets home from work.

________________________

In other news, there was a terrible double murder in Grand Haven yesterday--two dead at a local jewelry store in what appears to have been a robbery. It is an old saying, of course, that "Things like that don't happen around here," but the truth is, they don't.

There are many people on the road through town the past couple of days who appear to be on their way to ROTHBURY, the 4 day-long festival of peace, love, understanding, music and merchandising that is being held about 30 miles north of here. Many big acts--sort of like Bonnaroo. They will have a lot of water and mosquitoes to deal with--we had 5 to 6 inches of rain yesterday.

We shall dog-paddle--and ride--onward.

3 Comments:

Blogger Talia said...

Cute bike. I'd love to have a pink bike. Joe's bike was stolen last year, but we did have matching ones--green Kennsington touring bikes, with big comfy seats. And we'd hook the bike trailer up for Hadley to ride on, and what a cute family we were!

2:53 PM  
Blogger Lynn Domina said...

Hi Greg,

We met at AWP, and I've since read Figured Dark, which I loved of course. I must say that the next time I hear you speak, though, I won't be able to stop picturing you atop this bike, so you might see a mild smirk on my face.

I grew up in Michigan, a ways east of you, near Saginaw, and retain my midwestern temperament despite my current address in upstate New York. I'll wave in your direction when I visit in August.

5:43 PM  
Blogger Psychoflowers said...

It is funny you mentioning getting a bike for your spouse, I am also doing it, with a lot of groans from my husband. They just made tons of bike trails along St. Joe River in my neighborhood, so it will be a lot of fun.(even my husband might think so eventually) Haha!

8:34 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home