Monday, May 12, 2008

Now Reading



I got this through a used book dealer: Visions & Revisions: The Poet's Process by Barry Wallenstein and Robert Burr (Broadview Press, 1971, 2001). The book discusses drafts and final poems written by poets as diverse as William Blake, John Keats, Sylvia Plath, Robert Lowell and Alicia Ostriker. I am reading it ahead of my class on revision--seeing what the book might add to our discussion.

The book is in near perfect condition.

I love it when things are actually as they are represented.

3 Comments:

Blogger Talia said...

I'm no good at reading stuff like that...it bores the crap out of me and doesn't seem at all what I want poetry to do for me.

But I know it's good stuff and I could benefit from it, but it likes like balancing the checkbook compared to spending the money.

10:09 PM  
Blogger Karen J. Weyant said...

This book looks interesting. I may check it out. I had some problems this semester teaching revision to my students.

7:55 PM  
Blogger Christina said...

Barry Wallenstein came to read at Nassau Community College last month. He was amazing. He brought a jazz pianist whose name escapes me right now. The duo was soulful, and the students were mesmerized. It's nice to see that his work is translatable to all ages and kinds.

8:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home