Saturday, December 08, 2007

Progress Note

I began to write my presentation for the AWP Conference this morning and got about 1,200 words into the essay, finishing up several workable introductory paragraphs (faith and contemporary culture) and a few general thoughts on the poetic image. I have sent away for some material on icons, and will not be able to progress much further until after I receive those books. Perhaps I can jump ahead and explicate the poems I will be writing about, though that is difficult without fully understanding what the icon material will suppy as a "lens" to look into the poems.

I like listening to the BBC-4 on the internet. I wish we had something like it in America.

Weekend NPR is not the same thing.

4 Comments:

Blogger Talia said...

What about Click and Clack? That's what we listen to on Saturday mornings.

4:51 PM  
Blogger Rick said...

Yes, Click and Clack, poetry of a different sort! I'm looking forward to your presentation. Are you going to mention Click and Clack? I hope so.

2:00 AM  
Blogger greg rappleye said...

Hey:

No; my presentation will be more like "Wait, Wait, Don't tell Me!"

5:06 AM  
Blogger Leslie said...

I love Wait Wait. It alone is worth saturday mornings near a radio.

I AM a geek.

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home