Monday, November 26, 2007

Monday, Monday

I am glad to be going back to work. Yesterday, I put together a chapbook manuscript, wrote eight or nine thank you letters, assembled a packet of poems, packaged some promotional copies of my book with letters, etc., and am ready to send it all off today. I am no longer doing multiple submission, but despite the fact that I have been working right along, do not have much new work(individual poem-wise) to send out. A great deal of what I had was taken earlier this fall by the Legal Studies Forum at West Virginia University College of Law, a group of poems that will also be published in chapbook form by LSF/WVU in December or January as The Divisible Field. Other poems are forthcoming in Marlboro Review, Prairie Schooner, Dunes Review, and Bellingham Review.

Now it's time to work on my essay for the AWP Conference. I'll take a couple of days to straighten things up (everything is catawumpus--books and papers everywhere) and begin.

4 Comments:

Blogger Talia said...

Do you write thank you notes to your rejectors? I've heard of people doing this. Just wondering.

8:30 AM  
Blogger greg rappleye said...

Talia:

No, I am not that gracious.

9:03 AM  
Blogger Ivy said...

Go, Greg! Very impressive. :-)

9:52 AM  
Blogger Collin said...

Wow. You are a busy! Congrats on all those upcoming pubs.

10:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home