Wednesday, September 12, 2007

What's New?

I am continuing work on the three relatively large poetry-related projects that I must finish this week. One is already out-the-door, the second is almost finished and the third is yet to be done. I should make it, though. Once all of that is complete, I have to get to work promoting my reading with Dan Gerber, set to take place on Friday, September 28 at the Grand Haven Area Arts Council.

My class is going well. We have our second workshop this afternoon. On Monday, Cornelius Eady will be on Hope's campus for a reading in the Visiting Writers' Series. I am very much looking forward to meeting him.

I am also looking forward to getting back to writing poems, which is the part of all this I originally set out to do, isn't it?

That explains why I haven't been a very dutiful blogger in the past week.

What's new with you?

3 Comments:

Blogger Macy Swain said...

Hey, sometimes life takes priority over even...blogging!
Wish I could make your reading with Dan Gerber -- I'll be on a "conjugal visit" in LA that weekend. We did just get funding for a visit to UMF by Bonnie Jo Campbell in December. My fiction students will love her, I suspect. And a New York playwright, Will Power, is on a special fall semester visit to campus, and he'll be coming into my creative writing classes to talk about dialogue. Another treat for them -- and me.

8:19 AM  
Blogger Talia said...

Bonnie Jo came to our campus 2 years ago and it was a blast. She is very entertaining.

10:40 PM  
Blogger Macy Swain said...

That's cool, Talia. Thanks for the feedback.

9:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home