Sunday, September 23, 2007

Busy Work



I spent the day working on an application to an arts colony for next summer. I could use some time away to concentrate on the hummingbird manuscript. I am also thinking of ways to set up some readings here-and-there in support of my new book, cooking dinner, reading the New York Times, and glancing through Jean Valentine's remarkable new book of poems, Little Boat (Wesleyan University Press, 2007).

Anything to keep my mind off the sorry spectacle of the football game, in which the Detroit Lions are being soundly spanked by the Philadelphia Eagles, 56-21.

I was going to write "my Lions," but please; I have nothing to do with them.

2 Comments:

Blogger Leslie said...

Greg,
Good luck on the colony app.

And you know I would absolutely be at the reading if the commute weren't measured in days.

Leslie

9:35 PM  
Blogger greg rappleye said...

Leslie:

Thanks!

If my application is successful, I will be up in your area (I think? I'm not really sure where you are---western Mass. near the N.Y. State line, not htat far from Austerlitz?) sometime next summer.

I do hope we can generate an audience for the reading!

10:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home