Thursday, July 19, 2007

Announcement: Reading with Dan Gerber



I am pleased to announce that poet and novelist Dan Gerber and I will be reading together at the Grand Haven Area Arts Council on Friday, September 28, 2007 at 7:00 P.M. Dan, who now lives in Santa Ynez, California, will be back in Michigan in September on a reading tour, promoting his new collection of poems, A Primer on Parallel Lives (Copper Canyon Press, 2007). The reading will also mark the debut* of my new collection, Figured Dark (University of Arkansas Press, 2007).

Dan and I have been friends for close to 20 years, and as I have said before on this blog (and often elsewhere) I probably would not be writing today were it not for the sheer luck of meeting Dan and reading his work.

The Grand Haven Area Arts Council is located at 1045 Columbus Street (Corner of Ferry Street & Columbus Street), Grand Haven, Michigan 49417.

I will have much more to say about this as we get closer to September 28.




__________________

*Based upon the anticipated publication schedule. Please keep your fingers crossed!

4 Comments:

Blogger Macy Swain said...

Hey Greg - Any chance Dan Gerber might like to add Flint to his itinerary?

6:31 PM  
Blogger Macy Swain said...

With you?

6:31 PM  
Blogger greg rappleye said...

Jan:

I will check!

8:25 PM  
Blogger Talia said...

I hope your tour makes it down south near us. We have a new group of young (or at least young at heart) talented, eager artists craving poetry readings and such events more than anything else.

10:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home