Wednesday, May 30, 2007

What Work Is, Part 12


Well, I was a finalist for the 49th Parallel Award at the Bellingham Review, but didn't win. The good news is that they want to publish my poem, "Orpheus, Gathering the Trees."

I am very happy to have my work at TBR. I love the journal (it's a beautiful, wonderfully edited magazine) and they have been kind to my poems through the years. This is the first poem from my manuscript-in-progress to be accepted for publication.

In other news, I am getting ready to go to my son's school tomorrow as part of their "Arts Week" program. I'll be talking to kids from kindergarten through the eighth grade, so I will have my hands full.

Wish me luck!

Marcia is feeling a bit better.

6 Comments:

Blogger Talia said...

Congratulations on being finalist and on publication.

7:37 AM  
Blogger greg rappleye said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

7:48 AM  
Blogger greg rappleye said...

As Liam (my 3 year-old) says, " 'Sanks!"

7:49 AM  
Blogger Nick said...

Congrats on the TBR pub & best of luck with the K to Grade 8 kids. They're a tough audience.

1:03 PM  
Blogger Suzanne said...

Congratulations! That's a gorgeous journal. And much, much luck to you tomorrow. Better you than me. ;-)

1:43 PM  
Blogger Talia said...

I'd like to know how it goes at school. I'm planning on teaching high school English and would love to know how to incorporate a real author or poet into a lesson.

9:03 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home