Friday, December 22, 2006

It's a Long, Long Way to Gila Bend

Will they see me coming?
Do they know I'm running?

I finished putting in the manuscript last night at 10:30; got up this morning at 4 and corrected the more obvious screw-ups in the final 15 pages. I'll be reading it against the last print from the old computer today, then again tomorrow, then getting it out of here in the Saturday mail.

This thing has worn out its welcome.

This manuscript must leave.

Got to Tucson in the dark,
keeping eye out for the law.
500 miles or more from a broken heart.
Can they see me coming?
Do they know I'm running?

If you're shopping for a last minute Christmas present for a cool person, get them The Town and the City, the latest CD from Los Lobos. Rock music for adults, by adults. Your giftee may have to listen to it a couple of times to get it, depending upon their degree of coolness. Then they won't be able to turn it off.

Hannah is coming home today for Christmas!

I've slept about 3 hours a night for the past 3 weeks.

It's a long, long way to Gila Bend.
When I get there I can lay my head,
in Gila Bend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home