Friday, October 27, 2006

Introduction

For about a year I've been thinking about starting a blog, and finally decided to do so. I am a poet who lives and works in West Michigan. I am a graduate of Albion College and the University of Michigan Law School. I am also a graduate of the MFA Program for Writers at Warren Wilson College in Swannanoa, North Carolina. I have published two full-length collections of poetry: Holding Down the Earth (Sky Books, 1995), and A Path Between Houses (University of Wisconsin Press, 2000) which won the Brittingham Prize. A third full-length collection, Figured Dark, won the University of Arkansas Press Poetry Prize and will be published in the fall of 2007. I have also published two chapbooks: Eros, Psyche and the Death of Narrative (Candle Creek Press, 2006) and The Afterlight (WVU-Legal Studies Forum, 2006).

When not writing, I work full-time as corporation counsel for a local government and also teach part-time in the English Department at Hope College in Holland, Michigan.

I am looking forward to writing this blog and to hearing from you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home